Mar 2, 2013

Thrift Store Goodies

I don't have anything creative to share today, but if you like seeing others thrifty finds, then stick around. 

 It's the beginning of March & there's no sign of spring weather here in northern Indiana. I remember hearing the phrase, "March weather comes in like a lion and out like a lamb." I wouldn't say it's like a lion so much, but it's cold and there's snow on the ground. So that means there are no garage sales going on right now. Bummer. I love garage sales!

What's my alternative?  The thrift store in my town. Oh yeah! I visit it on a pretty regular basis. Like, at least a once a week basis. I mean it IS on the way to Walmart. I have found some really nice stuff in there! Some things are just stupidly priced way too high for a thrift store though. Other things are priced fair or pretty darn cheap! 

I took a donation in on this particular day and they gave me a coupon for 25% off my next purchase! They've never done that before. Yes! Since the coupon was burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak, I decided it couldn't hurt to have a little look around.  


Thrift Store Finds

I didn't really get much, but I didn't have to. 
 
Wire Sleigh
I was flipping out over finding this bigger wire sled. I can usually sell sleds that I've decorated up for Christmas at my craft shows. It's painted a metallic gold, but it won't be when I get done with it.
  

Vintage Cutting Board


After I finally came back to earth after throwing the sleigh in my cart, I quickly seen this old looking cutting board on the next shelf. I just loved the rustic look it had. I had a vision for that and you'll see that in a future post.


Wood Scoop
I have been on the lookout for rustic scoops. I don't know what I'm going to do with them, but I think they're just interesting looking. I don't have any others, except for a cute little aluminum one. I could probably just leave this wooden one alone and not do a thing to it and still sell it, but I have to change it up in some fashion.


farmhouse, kitchen, sleigh, Christmas decor
  
So like I said, nothing creative today, but if you like checking out other people's treasures, then this might have been an interesting read for you.


 Photobucket 
Parties I'm linking up to:





6 comments:

Micupoftea said...

How's Indiana? Looks like you found a couple of little treasures! Thanks for visiting my blog, Happy March :)
Shawn

Organized Island said...

Oh I love thrift shopping! I really should do it more. You just can't find some of that stuff at the regular stores. Following you on Pinterest !

Marti said...

You find the best stuff! I love the wooden scoop. It doesn't even appear to have that much use.

Tracy said...

Ohhh these are so cool.
I can't wait to see what you do with these treasures :)

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

I love the cutting board and scoop ;) I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my post:
http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html
Jamie
www.somuchbetterwithage.com

Jenna said...

Love the cutting board and scoop!

Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...